Sunday, December 27, 2009

Gingerbread House Holidays

My mom and I make a gingerbread house every single year! SO when I heard the daring bakers challenge was going to be this I was excited! I then read on to find out we had to make it from scratch....not so fun. I guess that's why it's a challenge right?

Anywho..Thank god my gingerbread baked up nicely...otherwise I would have quit haha. Overall, I think it turned out cute!







I also had some fondant left over from a cake I made a few days earlier so I used it to make a mini snowman! Isn't he cute??



AHH I love that snowman!!


Oh and I thought I would just include a picture of my vegas cake...pretty good considering I had just a days notice! I got paid big bucks from this one! yay!
The December 2009 Daring Bakers' Challenge was brought to you by Anna of Very Small Anna and Y of Lemonpi. They chose to challenge Daring Bakers' everywhere to bake and assemble a gingerbread house from scratch. They chose recipes from Good Housekeeping and from The Great Scandinavian Baking Book as the challenge recipes.


No comments:

Post a Comment