Sunday, August 2, 2009

Family Time Brownies

Oh joy! A whole week with my 15 year old step-sister! NOT!
Actually I know for a fact that I bugged my older cousin when I was that age just as much as she bugs me now, so I can't be too hard on her. She is on the dance team at her high school so fortunate for her she can eat whatever she desires and never gain a pound. ( lucky) She also happens to be a VERY big brownie addict. She has probably tried over 100 different kinds of brownies in her short life!
So I decided to try to impress her with my baking skills!
The statement I got after a bite into these Huge brownies will never leave my memory...."This is the best Brownie I've ever had in my life" umm...seriously? wow! Although I can imagine why since these brownies have an ounce of chocolate in every serving! haha so anyways...TRY THESE! They are sooo gooey and soo thick and rich! Do it!

"The best brownie I've ever had"
1 3/4 cups Flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/3 cup water
1 tsp almond extract

1 tsp vanilla extract
3 eggs( add 4 if you like them really gooey)
1 1/3 sticks of butter( or margarine)
24 oz. of chopped semi sweet chocolate

Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease a 9 X 13
In a small bowl combine flour, b.s., and salt and set aside.

In a medium saucepan melt butter, sugar, and water until sugar is dissolved, then add half the chocolate. Once silky and smooth, remove from heat and add both extracts.

While the chocolate mixture comes to room temperature, beat the eggs in a large bowl until light in color. Then add your chocolate mixture and beat until well combined. Then slowly add in the flour mixture and make sure everything is well incorporated.

Then gently stir in the reamining chocolate. Pour into the 9 X 13 and Bake for 25 minutes. Let cool cut and serve with a dollop of whipped cream or a la mode.

Serves 24

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my!!! Gonna try these this weekend...wish me luck...Oh yeah, I'll have to make sure I concentrate really hard on the measuring...I'm a little heavy-handed with the B.S...heeheehee:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha good luck!! They are super yummy!

    ReplyDelete